Thursday, May 10, 2012

Fruit and Yogurt Parfait

I used to love those parfaits from the golden arches, the layers of blueberries, strawberries and granola in between sweet vanilla yogurt. The downsize: lots of sugar. The positive: still healthier than a burger. :) But who wants pounds of sugar in yogurt and fruit? Shouldn't heavy sugar consumption be saved for cakes and cookies? Yes, I think so, too. So here's a giant (not so sugary) version of it...eat it all and feel good about it!


Fruit and Yogurt Parfait
2 servings
2/3 cup chopped strawberries
1/2 cup chopped blackberries or bananas or blueberries
2 cups plain yogurt (Greek is great, too)
A Layer Guide
4 teaspoons honey or 1 TB agave nectar
1/2 cup lowfat granola

Chop the fruit. Get out 2 glasses.

Layer in this order:

  • yogurt (1/2 inch full in the glass)
  • drizzle of honey/agave
  • strawberries (about 1/2 inch)
  • yogurt
  • granola
  • yogurt 
  • drizzle of honey/agave
  • blackberries
  • REPEAT...
  • top with extra granola, strawberries, and one last drizzle of honey/agave
Fun, Pretty, Easy! (only call me two of these...but call my food all of these, please.)

Listening to...Norah Jones' newest album.
sideways...don't try this at home. It's not Dairy Queen.
Why this is awesome:
  • Matt found an old iTunes giftcard
  • He handed it to me and said, "Buy the new Norah Jones album! She's one of your faves!" And I agreed to all of it. And then I realized that I haven't ordered an album on iTunes since before grad school, when I was footloose and fancy free (and had money for iTunes. Sigh.) And I forgot how.
  • Her music really is good. Like really good. Complexly simple. For sure.
Happy day, friends!


L

No comments:

Post a Comment