Monday, January 9, 2012

Pineapple Pops

Happy Monday!

As promised, I'm bringing you two healthy recipes...both vegan, both delicious, both with pineapple.

I'm barely getting back into yoga/pilates, and this is a nice salad to devour after a workout (or after just sitting around)...
Yoga Happy Salad
3 cups salad greens (the greener=the better)
2 pineapple rings, sliced (1/4 cup)
1/2 crisp apple, sliced into small bites
1/2 medium cucumber, sliced 
2 TB shredded carrots (or whatever you have on hand)
2 TB unsalted peanuts
1 TB balsamic vinaigrette


Toss salad and devour. As you can see, I ate on the floor, next to my new yoga mat. No formalities here.




On New Year's, as the lit NYC ball dropped and Matt was lying on the couch in the midst of the flu, I tried to remember where I was last New Year's.  Oh my gosh, how could I forget? We were watching the fireworks show on Waikiki Beach. Mm, nice memory. So, in honor of pineapple paradise, here's another oat-based bowl to add to your New Year's breakfast list. (You do have a list of new recipes to try, don't you? Me neither.)


Pineapple Pumpkin Oats
1/2 cup oats
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup pumpkin
Dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
1 t. brown sugar (optional)
1/4 cup sliced pineapple (canned or fresh)
1-2 TB chopped pecans 

In a saucepan or in a microwaveable bowl, combine oats, water, pumpkin and spices/sugar. Stir and heat until oats are cooked.

Add in pineapple and pecans and let heat one additional moment, until fruit is warm and soft. Stir. Eat!
 
I do hope your week is merry and bright. Happy eating!
Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment