Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Behold, the Blueberry...

(Thanks, state of Oregon, for the pretty blueberry pic!)

Some things just can't be planned or predicted.
Especially when I'm in a grocery store.

Yes, I spend up to 40 hours a week in the grocery store (because I work in a pharmacy at a grocery store).
On one of those dangerous days when I had recipes spinning through my head, I picked up TWO POUNDS OF BLUEBERRIES.

Yes, they were on sale. Yes, I am nuts for berries anyway, but blueberries were the only berry I hadn't overused this summer. I was determined to only find/create recipes that used a mere cup or 2 of the berries at a time. (A pie would be COMPLETELY CHEATING...dumping 8 cups of berries in a pot and making jam is also only for the weak.) I wanted to go all out. The result: blueberries on everything, even ridiculous things. The lesson: blueberries work everywhere!

Here are some of the results:




...and many more!!

Blueberry muffins, blueberry scones, blueberry/peach yogurt, and *my personal favorite* blueberry wheat pancakes!

The ones not pictured
(probably because I ate them before the thought of taking a photo popped into my head!):

*Blueberry mint cantaloupe salad
*Blueberry compote/sauce (for toast, vanilla ice cream, pork tenderloin)
*Frozen blueberry pops
*Blueberry pound cake

There were probably more, but that's all I can remember. And, YES, I FINISHED THE ENTIRE 2 POUNDS! Craziness...hopefully I won't start turning blue.

Regards,
Violet Beauregarde

1 comment:

  1. Laurel I love your blog-- I can't figure out how you have time to do all these clever recipes but more power to you :)

    ReplyDelete