Friday, October 25, 2013

Day 11: Break the Rules: Sweet Potatoes


Breakfast for Dinner has always been one of my favorite...because it breaks all the rules. Sweet potatoes are kind of the same thing...like dessert for dinner. Yes, it involves brown sugar and sweet potatoes, but you'll receive 300% of your Vitamin C in just one meal. Let's get to it.

(Mom, I hope you're not reading this...although my love for sweet potatoes totally came from your side of the family. Just remember...I used to whine if I had to eat the meat on my plate and NEVER hesitated to eat my veggies.)

Break the Rules: Sweet Potatoes
Okay, so this isn't really a recipe, but if you want to know how I make 'em, read on!

1 chunky sweet potato (yam, yam, yam), that isn't too skinny but is as 'fat' as you can find
1/2 cup mini marshmallows
1 TB butter
1/2 to 1 tsp of cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg

Step one: Rinse and poke a few fork holes throughout the potato. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. (Don't judge.)

Step two: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wrap the potato in foil and it in the oven, straight on the middle rack. Bake for 20-ish minutes, or until soft and tender to the (oven mitt-covered) touch. 

Step three: Unwrap, set on a plate, and slice open (half lengthwise). Top with the rest of the ingredients (and maybe some caramel sauce or other rule-breakers).

Eat, you rebel, eat. And, for those of you that live with a guy who'd rather eat a sponge than a sweet potato, enjoy it gloriously. Happy weekend, friends!!
  

Happy eating!
Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment