Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Everything's Coming Up Rosie

'Oh! I once heard a poem that goes:
"A rose is a rose is a rose"
Well I don't agree,
Take it from me,
There's one rose sweeter than any that grows!
That's my Rosie,
I'm so glad she chose me;
Life is one sweet beautiful song to me.'

(Adams, Strouse, as sung by Dick Van Dyke in Bye Bye, Birdie)source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/soundtracks/b/byebyebirdielyrics/rosielyrics.html

Who doesn't love a rose every now and then? And since Portland is the City of Roses, we thought we'd check out the International Rose Test Garden, the largest test garden of roses in the U.S. Now you might be thinking roses are so Valentine's Day circa 1992, but this garden was huge, colorful, and the intoxicating smell might bring back your love for the world's top selling flower.




Tie Dye made it onto flowers, naturally





Can you believe this is a rose? A big one with a bunch of tiny ones, all grown together!

The Rosie O'Donnell Hybrid Tea
Okay, just wanted to cheer up your day. Are you looking at barren trees and miss the green? Are your toes numb, in spite of the 877 pairs of socks layered onto your feet? Just remember...spring will come back in the not-so-distant future!


Happy blooming day!
Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment