Saturday, July 30, 2011

Cucumber Melon Smoothie

In high school, I had the whole set of Cucumber Melon scented everything--body lotion, body wash, bubble bath, hand soap, body spray, etc. It's a nice scent, with hints of cucumber, honeydew and-I think-cantaloupe. Why not recreate into breakfast?

I didn't have any cantaloupe or honeydew on hand, although they're in season right now, but I did have a gallon Ziploc of frozen watermelon chunks. Our 4th of July watermelon was a huge seedless, and I knew we couldn't eat it all in those few days, so I cut it up and froze part of it. And I would use some now. This smoothie is pink and sweet (melon), tangy (orange juice), and has a little bite (cucumber). And the texture is awesome, like softserve ice cream. This makes a great breakfast, a snack, a dessert, or even a great cocktail with a little watermelon or lemon vodka. (I think those exist.)


Cucumber Melon Smoothie
*makes one large smoothie*                      
 2 cups frozen watermelon (or any melon) chunks
1/2 cucumber, sliced
1/4 cup orange juice

Chop cucumber with orange juice in blender. Next, add watermelon and blend until mixture is smooth and creamy. Devour immediately.

Happy Weekend! I'm working all weekend and don't mind so much. Hope you all have fun plans today and tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment