Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Berry Cucumber Smoothie

Wow, it has been a while! Matt & I spent our 3rd anniversary in Vegas and absolutely loved it. We ate some amazing food (which I'll share later), walked a ton, and came out on top on the slots. I'm back with a breakfast treat that works anytime, really. Cucumber is so refreshing--it's in salads, a replacement for potato chips, and sliced and chilled in water. Why not put it in a smoothie??


Berry Cucumber Smoothie
Serves 2

1/4 cup orange juice (or a large splash)
1 cucumber, sliced into 1-inch rounds
6 ice cubes
8 strawberries, tops off
2 medium bananas 


Blend all ingredients in that order. Serve immediately and garnish with strawberry.


The cucumber taste is very subtle, and the strawberry blends it pretty well. So easy, so healthy! Don't worry about the semi-high amount of sugar...it's all natural! (no white sugar here, so your blood sugar won't spike) I drank the smoothie 2 hours ago, and I'm still quite full.


Matt & I were so glad to take a trip like that...but I think Sam missed him...a lot.


Happy Tuesday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment