Saturday, March 5, 2011

Pancakes & Teeth

 No, you're not seeing double. I don't usually slab 2 pics of myself all ova here, but today's an exception. I did the Zoom whitening treatment at the dentist this week...ever tried it? 

It involved three 15-minute sessions of UV light on my mouth. It was a little tingly, but overall no biggie. I think my teeth are a bit whiter (not tons), but I was glad it looked natural. It was a b-day gift from my parents...thanks, guys. If you have sensitive teeth, DON'T TRY THIS! But I thought it was decently good and worth it.

Enough of that. One of the bad things about having my teeth whitened was that I couldn't have fun things for a few days:  tea, wine, BERRIES.

I kept forgetting and kept grabbing green tea or Sweet Leaf in a bottle (a fave), taking a swig, and --with the swig in said mouth--saying Oh, dear! I'm not supposed to drink tea! So I broke the rules a little. HOWEVER, I did not eat berries for several days. (so hard, so hard) And what did I do to celebrate???

MAKE STRAWBERRY PANCAKES!


STRAWBERRY ROSEMARY PANCAKES
makes 4 giant or 8 small pancakes
2 CUPS WHITE/WHEAT FLOUR
1 TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
1/2 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
1 1/3 CUP VANILLA SOY MILK
1 REGULAR OR FLAX EGG
6 STRAWBERRIES, SLICED
1 TEASPOONFUL ROSEMARY
HANDFUL SHREDDED COCONUT
HANDFUL CHOCOLATE CHIPS (OPTIONAL)
My favorite budget-friendly choc chips...I used vegan this time, though.
1. Mix first 5 ingredients in medium bowl, heating a medium sized skillet (or pancake griddle) to medium-high heat. I use olive oil or coconut oil to keep the cakes from sticking. Pam and butter don't work as well for me. Mix in coconut and rosemary (fresh or dried). If you can handle the savory and sweet, throw in a few chocolate chips, too. Mix the batter well.

Ladle, ladle, ladle, not made out of clay...with my ladle I shall play...
2. Using a ladle, spoon 1/2 cup of batter into skillet. Lay the strawberries on top of the batter and press down a bit. Cook each pancake on each side for 2-3 minutes, turning with a giant spatula.
3. Serve on a heated plate (2 min in the microwave), top with extra coconut and any leftover strawberries.



Add caption




No comments:

Post a Comment