Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Contraffatto Polenta Ochenta

LIKE POLENTA?

I've had it maybe three times in my life. (Sorry, Italians.) But I respect the polenta, and that's what counts.

I respect it enough that I used polenta in a tube for fear of overcooking the real stuff. I know, I try to avoid anything in a tube but I was desperate to invite polenta into my home in a comfortable, warm environment that did not involve scalding it.

I digress. So, polenta. I needed a quick meal, like a 20 minute cook & prep time meal. In comes the polenta...
And the spinach...
INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Heat your grill pan on med-high. Drizzle with some olive oil.


Coat the polenta in olive oil and cook at least 5 minutes on each side (until cooked and getting a bit crispy). Add some Italian seasoning (or basil, oregano, salt, garlic powder) and a little crushed pepper if you like.
Tasty sauce with a little kick.
I literally just heated the frozen spinach, drained it, and added a tablespoon of this. A little goes a long way. Get it at Target. Love the Giada.


Con queso. 20 minute dinner. Move over, Rachael Ray.
No queso.



No comments:

Post a Comment