Sunday, February 20, 2011

Simply Fabulous Lunch!!

 How about one more entry, shall we?


Sundays are such wonderful days for relaxing, my weekend right now. Growing up, Sundays used to be fun but a bit stressful...WAKE UP, LAUREL! CHURCH!! (Oh, Mom, I'm 15...almost an ADULT...I can just sleep in a little more and--someday--drive myself to church.) LAUREL! I made chocolate chip pancakes!! And bacon and eggs! (Dad, that's my favorite! But I also love sleep...and I hung out with my girl friends too late last night at Kendra's house. Man, I wish we lived closer to church...but that's a sketchy neighborhood. Well, I wish church would move closer to us, you know, the 90-year old building. Could they just pick it up on a big truck and move it to our neighborhood out here in the 'burbs?? I just need 5 more minutes of sleeeep...) Lau-RUHL! We need to go! (Fine! I'm getting up! But not for you guys who are nagging me, but for God. Yep, God. And my friends. What should I wear? I HAVE TO look cute for church! Hmmm....) *45 minutes later and definitely late for Sunday school* (Finally, I look cute enough. Mom, Dad, could you guys drive? I need to put on my makeup.)


And so the saga continued...and school days were pretty similar, too, since we commuted to my school as well. Heh, needless to say, this Sunday was relaxing. I woke up at noon (yes, I know...) and definitely missed church (sad). I saw God today, just not inside two big wooden double doors and through beautiful stained glass and joyful singing. That's okay for today. Next Sunday.

Here is one of those unexpectedly tasty lunches. I love soup and sammies more than many, and Matt and I whipped up BLTs (me=BL with extra L) and Pacific Foods Ginger Carrot soup. Yum!




Soup and sammies are great for dinner, too!

Applewood smoked bacon...
 If I'm going to eat a fatty meat like bacon, I'm going to do it up...thick slices of salty/sweet applewood smoked bacon, crisp green spinach leaves and a spicy mayo added to the tastiness. Oh, yes, and always toast the bread! (whole wheat, of course)
A favorite quick dressing for quite a few years...no soupy puddle at the bottom of your salad bowl.

 I added a salad and had just a bit of soup...what a filling, healthy meal! Fresh blackberries and blueberries completed my fruit quota for the day!!
 When you regularly buy produce (some standards, like a bag of spinach, some apples, carrots, potatoes, broccoli, etc., it's easier to just throw them into your regular meals. It's a great way to incorporate those new FDA standards...half produce!!

No comments:

Post a Comment