Saturday, July 10, 2010

Some old posts...mostly about eating and procrastinating

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Luther's Noodle Snickerdoodles

I have a presentation on Luther's discourse on free will due in 8 hours, 11 minutes. All I can think about is distractions. I made snickerdoodles. The sticky, buttery, cinnamony dough was kneaded to perfection. The warm, soft texture was at its perfect peak to be balled, set on cookie sheets and popped in the oven for hot bakingTastica. Everything was just right, the right amount of butter to margarine, cinnamon to sugar, baking powder to baking soda. And then it happened...I just forgot. The cookies were warming, baking in the oven, then they were overbaking and crisping. No timer was set, no "hot, fresh homemade cookies" aroma was wafted, all went to imperfection. I burned them. Not just some, ALL of them. There goes 4 dozen chances at perfection, all within a period of 23 minutes.

I blame Luther. This presentation has left me wondering and wandering about, wondering if true free will really exists, wandering around and asking God if He really would allow us the ultimate space to make our own choices, even the flight or plight of our destinies after our bodies deteriorate on this earth. Why, Luther, why is there so much pressure for the little peons who are in Seminary, having to sum up your blast on free will (against Erasmus) in a mere 2-page handout to their peers and 15 minutes of discussion time? Is it possible to do such? Is it not even worth trying??? Well, 15% of my overall grade means it's surely worth attempting.

Right now, in my most dire time of need for a sweet treat to get me going, only black holes of ideas and blackened circles that once were cookies surround my life. Perhaps failure in this extent can only be comforted with that Coconut Almond Chocolate Chip ice cream sitting in the freezer. Hmm, I wonder and wander...spoon in hand.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lemon Bars, Baked Stuffed Apples, Blueberry Muffins, & Cranberry/Orange Muffins

Alas, my title contains the things I have baked in the last 3 days...oh dear, laziness is VERY HIGH on the scale this week, and it's only Wednesday! Now, I have gotten my reading and homework done (for the most part), but I refuse to believe that silly girly fiction does not count as 'research' for school, or what not...Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. Let's just say it's fun and hard to put down.

I suppose this is the time to mention something so serious and so extreme that I must write it in teeny tiny letters: I love to bake. Whew! There, I said it. I love to bake in the way that Martha Stewart loves her fluffy haircuts to match her dogs' coifs, the way Ozzy loves to mumble, and even the way Weird Al likes to...well, weird (yes, it's a verb). I love mixing 8,000 dry, spicey ingredients together with 8,000 other eggy, liquidy ingredients to create a sweet, tasty creation that my hubby and I then devour in, maybe, 3 hours. The labor, the love and the mess of the kitchen all go into my very amature love for baking. I'm thinking of making a tart tomorrow...we shall see.
1 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment