Saturday, September 28, 2013

Fall Challenge

Welcome to Fall!
-Love, 
Portland

I'll admit, I wasn't really ready to hear it. I was basking in those last few days of sunshine and heat. While it was a little uncomfortable at night without a/c and warm breezes coming in through the windows, I was enjoying it. Matt's been ready for Fall since June. But then, all of a sudden, I realized something awesome--Fall isn't just about chill and rain and lack of suntans, it's about fuzzy sweaters, thick scarves. But so much more...and this is what got me to play on Team Fall...pumpkin, squash, apples and spices. 

Pumpkins, people! And apples! And squash and soups and homemade breads and happiness!!

And, holy moley, I live in the Northwest where all of these foods grow like everywhere and they're crazy big and you can pick them off of the trees and vines right there on the farm while simultaneously giggling and meeting the farmers. (Breathe.)

So Fall will be awesome. I'm down for it. And this blog has not been my main priority lately. So, to get back into Memoir Munchies, I'm doing something a little crazy. Remember 100 posts that one summer when Matt and I went to Vegas? It happened. But now it's time to do...

 31 Fall Posts in 31 Days.  

Get ready! :) October 1-31. While the NFLers are wearing pink, we'll be cooking Fall.

You'll see soups, dinners, breads, desserts, breakfasts, drinks, snacks and a little craziness. Hope you enjoy!


Happy eating!
Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment