Friday, June 8, 2012

Staycation

Friends, I'm back.

I tried to be responsible and take a week off from blogging to clean out stuff, donate stuff, and generally cross off those pesky to-do list items I've been avoiding. But it's waited this long, why not another day? Truth is, I can't stay away from the blog because I truly enjoy it. While we shouldn't let our interests take over our lives, we deserve to enjoy them, right? So I'm back. And it's gonna be a staycation around here...finishing the to-do lists and playing with an incredible new gadget to share with you!

I have wanted a 'real' camera for years, and I'm not even sure how long. But I don't like spending lots of money and, with other priorities, it honestly was put on the back burner. However, my parents generously gave me a camera for graduation...what a surprise! (Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!) And so now I'll share what a difference this will make for the blog. Yippee! Sorry for all the exclamation points...no I'm not!!
Note: No editing on any of these photos...all straight from the magic camera.
So I knew my husband was cute before, but this camera brings out his dimples in a great, clear way!


And **caution to all of you pondering adopting a feline or canine** pets with black faces are really difficult to photograph in most light. With most cameras.


But now Sam is ready for his close up, Mr. Deville. He is bright and you can see that he actually has shiny eyes amidst the shiny black fur.









And here's where the camera benefits you...


Food!


Open-faced Protein Power Lunch
3 minutes prep, 7 minutes of cooking

1 wheat tortilla
1/2 zucchini, chopped
Dash each: pepper, garlic powder and salt (optional)
1 egg
1/3 cup black beans
2 TB salsa
3 strips red bell pepper, garnish

Toast the tortilla (optional, in the toaster oven). In a saute pan or small pot (not kidding), heat on medium high and spray with non-stick spray when hot. Add the zucchini, flipping and shaking to avoid sticking.

After four minutes, crack the egg and use a spatula to move around. This will scramble the egg and keep the egg/zucchini from sticking. When the egg is almost fully cooked, add the beans and stir for 1 more minute.

Serve on a tortilla with salsa and bell pepper on the side. De--vou--r. It's filling, it's quick and yum.


Happy weekend, friends! Staycation with me...or do like my mother-in-law and take a 10-day cruise to Greece and the surrounding islands this week. Your choice... :)



Happy eating!
Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment