Friday, May 17, 2013

Israel Photos and Some PDX Places

My mom and I went to Israel in March...I've finally gotten the photos up.


And on to some Portland stuff...
 
Matt & I saw Jim James (of My Morning Jacket, etc.) on Tuesday...fabulous funk fantastical. And Crystal Ballroom is a pretty fun venue...I'd never been there before but have driven by it 176.8 times.I can't prove it, but Abraham Lincoln must have danced there at one time. The giant ballroom is antique and has a foggy aura in the room...and the wooden floors shake when everyone is dancing. I kind of loved it. It was also refreshing to be in a venue with a split room--one side for under 21 and one for 'grownups.' We didn't know that was the case and spent the first 1/2 of the set on the kiddie side. Let me tell ya, they were some of the most courteous show-goers I've ever been around. They weren't drinking...refreshing. I've been to a lot of bars/venues in the last 10 years, and I was impressed.

We went to Portland Farmers Market on Saturday at Portland State Univ (central Portland)...so many booths, farms and small business represented! But our noses took us here...


AND we ate this beautiful fried chicken and cheddar biscuit. I could only eat half of it as it is huge and rich. But it was so tasty. Here's a feature of Pine State on Food & Wine.



Later in the week, my friend Brooke and I went to Portland Bagelworks. I heard about this place a couple of years back...it's a cute place! My egg sandwich on a tomato basil bagel hit the spot. It's not the best I've ever had, but it was darn good.

And, the same day, we saw two dear on the road...
And I found a rose near our house that I didn't have to pick...it was broken off, so I won't feel guilty.

And I enjoyed Mother's Day with my guys. I'm not a mom yet, but Sam's good practice, I think...


 Okay, that's enough. Happy Friday! Go eat something local!!

Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment